Monday, May 21, 2018

How I know I'm doing things right... a review of The Claiming (Bound Gods #6)

All authors want the same thing. Make their readers feel things. We want you to feel: joy, sadness, anger, lust, suspense, hate, grief, love, angst. All 31 flavors of feels. And we want to get as many of those feels as we can into each book.
"For this scene, I think I'll make a banana split. One "banana", a scoop of love, a scoop of lust and a scoop of tenderness. Then once the reader is all happy and satisfied, I'll throw a scoop of angst, a scoop of hate, the reader's heart into a blender and hit puree!"

Jacque (reviews with The Jeep Diva blog) has been a long-time fan of my books. And she appreciates a lot of Doxie "loving" in the Bound Gods series.

So when her review was shown to me I couldn't have been happier.

Here are a few snippets. She did a good job of not giving away any spoilers:

I finished reading The Claiming last night and had to give myself a cooling off period before writing my review because WHAT THE...ARGH! How could you Adrienne?! How. Could. You.
...I laughed myself silly, got ready to get raunched on and, now that I finished the book, am desperately looking for matches.

Highs, lows, the freaks, and shockers. There was no putting this book down. 

Betrayal. You call that betrayal?! That is - JEEBUS! - I don’t know what to call it! I screamed, cried, chucked my Kindle and cursed out the author! Again Adrienne, how could you! Just when I don’t think I could be any more shocked, you go and slip that humdinger in. Angry sobbing here.
Flames: 5 - Because Doxies don't get safewords.
My work is done here... *laughs to self cause she is getting ready to read books 7 & 8 and has no idea what's coming ;)* 
all images are CC0 from https://pixy.org/1454835/

No comments:

Post a Comment