Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Nox book 2 news!

My patrons and newsletter subscribers already got this information and I want to share it with you too!

The second Nox book is already at 95K words. I'm thinking it will top at 120K. That's just my first draft...so it will be a while before it releases. Maybe March 2021 (affected by revision/edit)

The series is called Wolves Incarnate. Book two will be called Anubis (Wolves Incarnate #2 ). It's looking like there will be four books in the series.

Below is the first excerpt (unedited) I've shared from Anubis. Poor, poor Reese (lol). I will share a longer excerpt involving Luca and Nox in my Dec 7 newsletter (patrons get it sooner).

Poor, poor Reese!

Enjoy...

*names of things may change or be cut out since it’s unedited.

Excerpt

Reese poked at the chicken on the plate. His stomach threatened to retaliate. He picked up the plate. “I’m not going to eat this, and Kary said Jonathan should eat.”

Charles stood.

“Here, you can take this out to—”

“Do it yourself.” The man whisked past Reese and out the back.

“…him.”

Muffled voices came from upstairs. Movement shuffled in the other room. Jonathan’s shadow remained on the porch.

“Fine, I’ll do it myself.” Reese would just make sure to drop it on the nearest piece of furniture and make a run for it. He stood and carried the plate out to the front porch. Jonathan leaned against a post with his eyes closed. The two rocking chairs and a small table had been flattened into a pile of lumber.

Damn it. Reese inched closer and held up the plate. “Kary made you a plate of food.”

Jonathan opened his eyes. “She made that plate for you, not me.”

“No—”

Jonathan narrowed a look at Reese.

“Okay, she made the plate for me but I’m not going to eat it, so I figured it was better not to waste it, so I brought it out here.”

“Thanks.” Jonathan took a step and Reese almost dropped the plate. “Sorry, you startled me.” More like scared the shit out of him.

Jonathan kept enough space between them he had to stretch his arm out to reach the plate. He took it and Reese retreated to the safety of the doorway.

“Just so you know, I scheduled two planes. You’ll ride with Nash and the Cana. I’ll ride with the others.” He took a bite of the chicken.

“Are you sending us to a different location?”

Jonathan swallowed. “No. We’re all going to the same place.”

“Then why two planes?”

“Because you can’t get within fifty feet of me without almost passing out.”

Reese wished he could argue.

Want more? Sign up for my newsletter

No comments:

Post a Comment